You can use Interac® e-Transfers on your personal computer to allow you to send money in minutes to anyone with an email address and an account at a Canadian credit union or bank. The process is simple, convenient and secure. It's a great alternative to cheques and cash. (See here for Mobile App Interac e-Transfer®.)
Ways To Use
With Interac® e-Transfers you can:
- Send money to children at college
- Send gifts to friends or family
- Pay your rent electronically
- Pay for items purchased online or at garage sales
- Settle a bill with a friend
- And much, much more...the possibilities are endless.
- It's SIMPLE. All you need is the recipient's name and email address. Send and receive money directly from and to your existing credit union account.
- It's FAST. Recipients are notified of transfers via email and can deposit the money immediately through online banking. Even if the recipient doesn't use online banking, for an additional fee, the funds can be deposited into their account within 3 – 5 business days.
- It's SECURE. the money is transferred through MemberDirect® Online Banking and the Interac network. Your money never actually travels by email, email is only used to notify the recipient and to provide them with instructions on how to deposit money. The shared security question you create with the recipient ensures that only he or she can access the money you send. There is no need to share personal or financial information, allowing you to keep your address, phone number and account information private.
Is It Safe?
With Interac® e-Transfers, your money never actually travels by email. Email is only used to notify the recipient and to provide them with instructions on how to deposit money. Coastal Financial Credit Union and your recipient’s financial institution transfer funds using established and secure banking procedures.
Learn More and Demos
Interac e-Transfers website and demo:
A list of participating financial institutions:
Interac e-Transfer Demo – Ben wants to send money to Sandra http://www.central1.com/thinkingforward/direct-banking/AdvancedPaymentFeatures/eTransfer/demo/
Interac e-Transfer Demo – three scenarios of members sending money. http://www.central1.com/thinkingforward/direct-banking/AdvancedPaymentFeatures/eTransfer/movie
Find Out How To
® Trademark of INTERAC Inc., used under license